Clock Supply Volts 60 Hz - 208-277

It appears to call for 230 vac.

Here's a picture of the timer wiring itself and the wiring diagram:

DSC01771.jpg

IntermaticTimerWiring.jpg

DSC01775.jpg

Here's a pic of the pump, timer & IC 40:

DSC01777.jpg

Is it possible I'm already wired for 230? I have a multitester VOM. Where would be a good place to check the voltage to see what's there?

Taking appropriate care not to get a shock, you want to measure the voltage between screws #1 and #3. They should have voltage even when the pump is off. As a reminder, #1 has red white and blue wires connected to it, while #3 has red white and black wires connected to it.

Based on the timer model number and the wiring colors, it is extremely likely that you have a 230 volt circuit.

Ok, black #3 terminal and blue wire #1 terminal is your hot side (230V)

blue #2 terminal and blue #4 terminal is probably the load side to your circ pump.

red #1 terminal and red #3 terminal is your SWCG on the line side. (you could wire this on the load side as a safety so the SWCG will only run when the circ pump is on. Just in case your internal flow switch fails)

In any case. 99.99999999999% sure you have 230VOLTS SINGLE PHASE!

One last question: I'm getting the Hayward EcoStar VSP installed next weekend. With this pump will I still need my Intermatic timer or is it redundant? Does the EcoStar have its own built-in on-off timer? The only other thing I'm running is the IC40 SWCG and it's powered all the time.

Thanks,

Gary

based on this it has a built in timer

my IC40 turns on and off based on the power use of the VF using a Macromatic relay (in sigline) that monitors the power_in_use. thus, I've dialed the Macromatic to keep the IC40 transformer Off at low speeds and to come on only when running a 20 GPS cycle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The IC40 will work at fairly low speeds, but it may not work at the very lowest possible speeds. The SWG cell requires a minimum flow rate to work correctly. It should shut off with an error light if the flow rate is too low. The details depend a great deal on your specific setup. You many need to experiment with it for a while until you find a speed that works well with the IC40, or it might just work without problems.

I wouldn't bother with the Macromatic unless you end up needing the pump to be a higher speed than you would prefer to use all the time.

>> It should shut off with an error light if the flow rate is too low.

unfortunately the IC40 transformer continues to feed power continuously even when flow rate is too low and the entire idea behind using a voltage control relay is to turn off the IntelliChlor when it can not produce chlorine.

Macromatic is totally user installable.

GPM not GPS

susa,

I'm interested in researching the Macromatic a little more. Can you tell me where you bought yours (if online) and what the cost is?
Also, what's involved in installing them? It looks like they mount to an 11-pin socket. How do you adapt this to the IC40 wiring? Does the IC40 run on 120v or 240v? (it appears the COKP01A22 runs on 120v)

Thanks

there are several resellers online, I've bought multiple (different applications) Macromatic relays from different sources, that part does not matter. Cost was under 90.

The DPDT relay itself is powered with 120v but it monitors a 240v source and switches on with a time delay and adjustable power range another 240v source (or powers off). Example setup here.

Example diagram with socket pins identified is here.

where you now have the IntelliChlor always powered on, you would move it to be turned on by relay. Macromatic (the company that makes these) will supply you freely with installation directions and there is a diagram included on the body of the relay. Note that the orientation of the diagram for the numbered pins must be aligned with the socket and the socket must match the relay.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.