Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Latest water test.

1. Back To Top    #1

Latest water test.

Here are the latest test result from this pm. Can someone let me know whats needed chemical wise with the BBB method.

FC 5.4
    TC 5.4
    CC 0.0
    PH 7.5
    ALK 90
    CYA 70 (number from last test)

What numbers should I be setting as a goal?

13,600 AG vinyl
    Hayward sand filter
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

2. Back To Top    #2
    I'm still a newbie, but I'd say you are good to go. Just keep the FC between 5-8 for your CYA level according to the chart at http://www.troublefreepool.com/viewtopi ... highlight=

I know the experts will jump in if I am wrong.
    Sue

18' round Sharkline Matrix AGP / 8600 Gal. / sand filter / Aqua Trol SWG
    Pool owner since 2001. Thanks to TFP for helping me convert off Baquacil after six years!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Yep, I agree with MeSue. Add bleach as needed so your FC is always at least 5.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    I was just looking at chem geek's chlorine/cy a chart and as I can figure it out I am assuming I need to choose a CY A level that I wish to keep in the pool and then I should never let the min chlorine fall below the min for that level and try to keep it at the target FC level

Ex:

If I want a CY A level of 80 in the pool I need to keep a target of 9.1 FC but not let it drop below 5.8 and then I assume the ALK and PH etc will all fall into place if these goals are achieved?

Am Im on the right track? I have a test kit ordered but trying to figure this out before it arrives?
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

5. Back To Top    #5
    No. You test the CYA level and then adjust the FC based on that measurement. For the most part each number is adjusted seperately. You might want to take a look at my stickie on water testing. That will go through each item and tell you the basics.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School