Disappearing Leak Miracle

My new pool has been service for about 3 months and has always had a fairly substantial leak at the bottom of the skimmers inn the overflow basin ... I was never able to find the exact location of the leak ... the leak has now suddenly disappeared ... the only thing different that I can think of is that my CH started at 0 and I have now brought it up to 250 ... is it possible that the calcium addition somehow stopped the leak or is that merely coincidence ???

Adding calcium shouldn't have had anything to do with stopping the leak. However if you had gotten the CSI high enough to cause calcium scaling it could have built up in the leak and plugged it. That is a very long shot though and with a CH of only 250 I highly doubt that happening.

I suspect that either some settling has occured and closed the hole or some silt got in there and plugged it up. Kinda like radiator stop leak works. I wouldn't trust that it's permanently fixed though, as it could break loose and start leaking again at any time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.