26' Intex two speed pump

Jun 14, 2015
Waycross, Ga
Well, after a full season plus winter and so far this year of running 12 hrs/day my stock Intex 2600 pump running a large sand filter on my 26' Intex has finally taken the big dump. So, I'm looking at new pumps.

I'm specifically looking at the 1 hp Hayward powerflo matrix 115V two speed pump. My question is, this pump is shown with a standard 115V three prong plug. So, it just plugs in normally, and has the two speed switch right on the pump itself? I'm having a hard time verifying the location of the switch and just how the switching of the two speeds is accomplished.

Can someone who has one chime in and comment on this?
Is the two speed deal really worth the extra cash? I'm torn between the expensive two speed Hayward, and just throwing an inexpensive single speed 1hp doheny above ground pump on and calling it a day- could replace it twice for the extra cash to buy into the two speed. I don't like the doheny two speed offering because of a goofy timer feature it has integrated into it that must be reset each day and goes off if there is a power fluctuation. I've come home from vacations to a going-green pool more than once because the Intex pump/SWG would shut down after a power fluctuation.

Definitely go with the 2 speed. The low setting will save you more money in the long run. Mine is on low all the time. As for the speed select, mine has a toggle switch at the back (underneath). I think it's the same on the Powerflo according to one description - "Energy-efficient, protected rear-mounted switch".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.