Under construction in texas - water in it finally!

Re: Under construction in texas

shakenbake said:
Tree-wise, I guess we're outside city limits - though the homeowners association "architectural committee", chaired by the neighbor directly behind us, has asked us to plant 2-3 big trees.
If that's a problem, you can make them show you where in the bylaws it specifically states "how many" and "what size" trees must be planted. If it's not in the bylaws then you can simply ignore this request.

Stevereno said:
shakenbake - any updates?

Not much has happened since I post the pics - were a struggling with rock/stone right now. We're getting close to the final colors and style, so there should be a lot to show in a week or so.

Interestingly, we had a massive rain here in austin for a few hours and it nearly filled up the shell - I think about 10K gallons...crazy!

Some stone work

DSC_7126_013.jpg

DSC_7128_015.jpg

DSC_7130_017.jpg

DSC_7131_018.jpg

DSC_7121_008.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Plankton said:
WOW!!!! I'm in awe!! Great Pool! Question, why so much water in the pool? Texas Rain?

Yes, that was from one night of rain a few weeks ago. Massive (relative) floods here. About 20-30inches of rain in 6 hours.

(That's a 715ft^3 pool, 3.5ft to 9ft deep, ~36,000gal pool, and it was filled up to the 3.5 foot level. Crazy)

That is some serious amount of concrete in the deck and steps!!! That ain't going anywhere!

Great looking build :goodjob: You obviously have a builder that knows what he is doing. Congrats on your choice :cheers:

Getting closer. Railing complete, equipment mostly done, drainage issues solved. At this pace we're a couple months away from water in the pool....slow movers.

DSC_0165_164.jpg

DSC_0166_165.jpg

DSC_0168_167.jpg

DSC_0169_168.jpg

DSC_0191_190.jpg

Deck over Riverflow pump
DSC_0173_172.jpg

Sorted Drainage issue
DSC_0175_174.jpg

Railing Done
DSC_0177_176.jpg

DSC_0183_182.jpg

DSC_0188_187.jpg

DSC_0208_207.jpg

DSC_0216_215.jpg

Flowerbeds mostly done
DSC_0193_192.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.