Best way to Drain

Aug 22, 2010
I need to double check my numbers again tonight to confirm my cya is well over 120. And im sure it will be so what is the best way to drain? I think I'll need to drain a little more than half. Can i do it all in one shot? Or is it recommended to do a little at a time? I have a vinyl pool and vinyl covered stairs. Will draining affect the liner at all?

Thanks

Yes, you need to be judicious. I also have vinyl covered steps, and the way my liner fits over them. I would be pretty reluctant to let the water uncover them. (although I have done so once without harm)

Can you do this? Can you set a hose to siphon from the deep end (or furthest end) and then set another refill hose to run simultaneously from the surface of the opposite end of the pool. Do not run the pump during this.

That will allow you to drain and refill simultaneously and I doubt you will get too much mixing.

You could even get really scientific and decide that your refill water is noticeably colder than the pool water in which case you may want to refill from the bottom of one end and siphon from the top of the other....allowing the colder refill water to stay on the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.