Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP Insulation

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP Insulation

Hi guys,

Me again from sunny England or not so sunny but very wet! Well never mind!

Quick question..... I have added a pic. would my water heating be helped if I insulate the pipe going to the heater and filter pump

Intex have supplied clear hoses and didnt know if I put pipe insulation around this would help. Typical Temp during the day 20 degrees C - night about 14 degrees C.

At the moment the pool takes 2.5 days to get to its max of 35 degrees c (starting temp of 20 degrees C)

I do have a solar cover but seems to be more like bubble wrap.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pipe insulation would help, but only a very very little. Having a solar cover on at night makes a big difference. After that the next thing to try is solar panels.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    I don't know how well an Intex pool will hold heat even. That said, we find 26 to 28 to be good for swimming here. 35 is more like bath water. At 30 we found it too warm. I hate to think the cost of heating a pool to that temperature.