Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot normal Volts/Amps

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot normal Volts/Amps

Does anyone know the normal cell voltage and amp readings for an Autopilot Digital with SC-60 cell. I set it for power level 2 (middle of the 3), and the owners manual says the max amp are 6.5A for power level 3, but does not specify voltage. Mine said 24V and 6.5A in the TEST mode when it was new-just want to know the normal setting so I can trend the cell fouling.
    Don SW Florida
    10,000 gal in ground concrete pool
    Pentair Cartridge filter, Pentair SWG, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump (11018)
    FAFCO solar panels w/Pentair SolarTouch controller
    using BBB for pool chemistry/Lamotte ColorQ tester for daily testing

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Autopilot normal Volts/Amps

Quote Originally Posted by donaldm823
    Does anyone know the normal cell voltage and amp readings for an Autopilot Digital with SC-60 cell. I set it for power level 2 (middle of the 3), and the owners manual says the max amp are 6.5A for power level 3, but does not specify voltage. Mine said 24V and 6.5A in the TEST mode when it was new-just want to know the normal setting so I can trend the cell fouling.
    Voltage/current would be also dependent on salt level, water temperature, and whether the cell is about to die or not, so your data might be floating a little bit depending on the above variables.

3. Back To Top    #3

Donald,

The normal operating voltage with the SC-60 cell is 21 - 26 volts. As the volts increase, it usually means (as Strannik said) salt level is getting on the low side, cell may be scaled, water temps are getting cooler (below 65F).
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

4. Back To Top    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Poolsean
    Donald,

The normal operating voltage with the SC-60 cell is 21 - 26 volts. As the volts increase, it usually means (as Strannik said) salt level is getting on the low side, cell may be scaled, water temps are getting cooler (below 65F).
    thanks, Sean. I just wanted a middle figure for when I put it in service. Also someone else questioned my salt ppm readings since I only had to put in 300lb of salt to bring it up to 3000ppm (my pool's first year was 2006). Your 21-26V with mine at 24V right out of the box and with my pool at 87F, eliminates my salt concern
    Don SW Florida
    10,000 gal in ground concrete pool
    Pentair Cartridge filter, Pentair SWG, Pentair Intelliflow VS pump (11018)
    FAFCO solar panels w/Pentair SolarTouch controller
    using BBB for pool chemistry/Lamotte ColorQ tester for daily testing