24 foot round pool liner loose

rtstrider

Jun 24, 2019
Southeast
Hey all! I have a 24 foot round pool with a loose liner around the whole pool. We recently had a tornado and some of our neighbors metal shed, along with other various debris, ended up in our pool. Fast forward two weeks later and the entire liner is loose like a very wrinkley old person skin. The sides are wrinkled and everything. The liner is about 3 years old. My fear is this may mean a liner replacement instead of patch. Is that indeed the case or can a patch be put in and vacuum pulled to pull the liner back in place?

Sorry to hear, but that was my guess. Was there a large leak?
Honestly I'm not entirely sure but there's definitely a leak. Most of this is tied up in insurance "heck" right now. So have to wait for that to get settled before I can really go any further. I have a family friend that is a pool installer/maintainer and also spoke with another business in town. They both said the damage is not worth repairing/patching :( Thankfully an above ground liner replacement isn't nearly as expensive as I thought it would be. The hardest part was finding someone in the area that would actually do it. We only have one company in our entire region that does that. Anywho hoping this is done before the summer or hurricane season at least!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.