Baquaspa vs. Baquacil

boojay

Jul 12, 2010
I was told by a local pool/spa dealer I could use some Baquacil product in my spa. Like the oxidizer, etc. but, he said he wasn't sure exactly but know I could mix the two labeled products. I can't find anywhere online to use the right comparison amount due to Baquacil being a more concentrated product. Will it hurt my spa to use Baquacil products?, they do come in a larger amount which is easier. I need help ASAP. I have been online all day trying to find this out.
Thanks.

I'm afraid you won't find many here who are in favor of using baquacil products. They have a tendency to be bad news over time.

You might want to read about the BBB method for spas and Hot tubs in the pool school area for alternatives to baquacil type products.

Sorry couldn't answer your question.

Boojay, I'm not sure we understand exactly what you're asking. My impression from reading your post is that you currently use chlorine or bromine in your spa, and want to use some Baquacil-labeled products, is that right? If that's what you mean, then yes, you can use some of them. You can't mix chlorine or bromine with the Baquacil sanitizer, but the oxidizer and other various things would be fine. That being said, it's still probably cheaper to use something else. Does that answer your question?

I use Baquaspa not Chlorine and Bromine, I don't use chlorine I'm allergic to it. I have used Baquaspa for 8 yrs in my spa and very happy with it. I am ordering Baquaspa but until then I need to use oxidizer don't have Baquaspa onhand but I do have Baquacil. I was asking will it hurt to use Baquacil in my spa. I know its more concentrated. I want to know how would I adjust this to use in my spa. Sorry who read this don't favor this product. I am thankful for Baquaspa and Baquacil products, considering my allergies. I just wanted a direction on who may know the answer to my question, not to discourage me from using my choice of chemical. Plus cost is not a factor.

I would just scale the dosages based on water volume. It won't matter if Baquacil is more concentrated if you just use the amount on the label (i.e. so many ounces per so many gallons) scaled down for your spa volume. You would still need to use hydrogen peroxide as an oxidizer in addition to the Baquacil that is there for sanitation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.