Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hi from Odinsvalk-pool newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi from Odinsvalk-pool newbie

Hi all. Great site from what I've seen so far. Just bought a house in Oceanside, CA with a 2 year old PebbleTech inground pool. Near as I can tell it's sbout 25,000 gal with a spa and water feature. I love the look of the pool and I really love using it but I gotta say I feel like I'm in over my head already when it comes to managing it. I feel like I understand most of the chemistry but it seems I'm always chasing my tail when it comes to managing pH, Alk, and algae.
    I look forward to getting (and giving, maybe) good information about all aspects of pools.

Just bear with me if I ask stupid questions...I'm old, not very bright, and never before owned a pool (can one really OWN a pool or does the pool own us?

Dave
    Dave
    25,000 gal inground PebbleTech with attached spa and water feature. Cartridge filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Hi Dave,

Just hang out here and read the stickies and the prior posts. You'll be an expert in a week or less.
    Welcome to the group.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

3. Back To Top    #3
    You've come to the right place! If you would start a thread in the Pool School or chemistry sections, and include your latest test results, someone will be most happy to advise you! It's what we do!
    The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked!

Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Welcome Dave!

Sure are a lot of Dave's here. Maybe we should have our own forum! Must be something about when we are given the name that inherently drives us through life to eventually become pool owners !
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits