When to check CYA?

gale

Jul 14, 2009
north central Indiana
We just filled our pool on Friday. Nothing has gone into it except stabilizer from walmart (I used the pool calculator to bring it to 40) and bleach. I put the stabilizer in a couple of socks and hung them in the pool. They're almost completely dissolved. There is still a little cloud of white when I squish them but I can't really feel anything in them. So should I go ahead and test or do I need to wait a day or two? Like an idiot I did a cya test the first day not realizing that of course, it would be zero, since the city doesn't add it and well water wouldn't have it. So I don't want to use up all of my tests too quickly. I'm shooting for keeping it lower since I'll have to use pucks during vacation and it would take an act of God to get my husband to dump any of this expensive water (we had it trucked in and we topped it off with our own water). thanks :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.