Taking salt cell to PSS for testing question

Jun 2, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Can I still run the pump when taking our salt cell to the PSS for testing? Last night at my request hubby removed salt cell & is taking to Leslie's today. Presuming it's dead (after various troubleshooting steps still no sign of life), we will need to purchase replacement. I found a 40K online for $350 at poolsupplyworld.com (Leslie's wants $650 for a 40K). So if I order online, it will take, say, a week to get it and get it installed. I don't want to not run my pump for a week, shudder at the thought.

So do I just set my Aqua Rite toggle to "off" and let the pump run as normal?

Thanks in advance!

JasonLion said:
If the cell is actually out, you can't run the pump. If the cell is installed, but turned off, you can run the pump.

Thanks Jason. I called hubby on my lunch & told him whatever he did, don't leave the cell @ Leslies...do not let go of the cell....bring that baby home. He flipped the main power switch for the pool equip so the pump is not running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.