Pool mastic replacement. DIY or not

I replaced my expansion joint this past weekend. I debated on Sikaflex, but used Vulkrem 45SSL instead. It comes in 4 different color options as well. It was a little bit more money (then Sikaflex), but it is a semi self leveling sealant vs a Full Self Leveling. It is advertised as being made for pool joints as well. Worked out great and flowed nicely from the caulk gun. It wasn't too runny, but I can't imagine how the Full Self leveling would have been if this is considered Semi Leveling. It leveled out perfectly everywhere. I found it online cheaper then a lot of other online retailers at Coastal Concrete. I had found some good reviews on this stuff and expecting it to last several years. I'm glad that back breaking job is finished, ha ha.

I am needing to do mine soon. Probably just go with some Sikaflex. How much did y'all buy? I probably have 100 linear feet I need to do. I know there are many factors but are we talking (5) or (20) 29 oz. tubes? It looks like previously it was filled with sand then sealed with sealant. I assume sand was used rather than backer rod due to the non-uniform shape of the flagstone. Anyone else filled with sand up to about half an inch then put sealant on top?

Mine has broken down on 2 sides - but I didn't prep those sides as well as the first section I did. Plus, there is a bit of movement on those sides that are separating. I will be replacing it this next spring when the weather warms back up. I used Sikaflex...

I am not sure if I will use Sikaflex again or "upgrade" to the new deck-o-seal one part.

How viscous is the Sika self leveling stuff? I'm thinking of using it on hairline cracking in my deck. Very small 1/32" at most, but at least 5 or 6, 7 or 8 foot cracks. Deck is stained, the sandstone color would be close. Just ooze it in and sprinkle with sand?

Solar Breeze - Aquabot 4WD - TFP

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.