New Build In Texas...

Since they havent poured your decking yet you might want to consider having the PB (or DIY) install several umbrella sleeves. Hindsight is 20/20 and thats what we wish we would have added. We have them in the pool on the steps, but it would be nice to have several stationed around the decking.

You'll really love the Aqua Blue PebbleSheen with your tile color...the water is so pretty (I have the Aqua Blue). I like the blue tile with the other tile and coping colors...very nice! And I also have to do lots of shady umbrellas around the pool...it gets really hot where we are. Congrats!

Thanks Guys - Yes I had them add 4 umbrella sleeves around in the decking - one can double for a volleyball net - although our pool is a little deep for that. We had carribean blue pebbletec in our last pool and really liked it but wanted a change to something more blue. We were down to Aqua blue, blue granite, and PrismBlue on the pebblesheen - but Aqua blue was considered a tier I color so it saved us a little money.

Good news, they found and fixed the leak, had a stake for the deck forms crack a pipe - held pressure all day yesterday and last night.

Got a quick shot of the decking being poured this morning - we are going with an ashler slate stamp (larger one) and a beige-tan 2 color stain - no highlights. Hopefully the deck guy understood what color I wanted - my spanglish and his spanglish didn't quite mesh!

[attachment=0:ql20jmq4]IMG_0647.jpg[/attachment:ql20jmq4]

Attachments

• IMG_0647.jpg
    IMG_0647.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 188
36' long, 17' wide in deep end (6' deep) and 19' wide in shallow (~3.5' deep) including stairs out ~20k gallons. I'm 6'5", so I really wanted some deeper water, our last one was 3'-5'-4' and the 5' was pretty small. I would guess its around 4.5' deep right in the center.

Got home in time to grab a lousy blurry photo - I think the final color will be darker once they clean and seal the deck, but so far we like it!

[attachment=1:2lgrhc32]deck2.jpg[/attachment:2lgrhc32]
[attachment=2:2lgrhc32]deck1.jpg[/attachment:2lgrhc32]
[attachment=0:2lgrhc32]tile2.jpg[/attachment:2lgrhc32]

Attachments

• deck1.jpg
    deck1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 169
  • deck2.jpg
    deck2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 169
  • tile2.jpg
    tile2.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 169
Decking has been washed and is finished except for sealing and placing the mastic. Pretty light right now but we are hoping the sealer will darken it close to what it looks like in the shadows of the first picture. Either way we are happy with the coloring/hue.

Steve

Attachments

• DSCF3353.jpg
    DSCF3353.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF3358.jpg
    DSCF3358.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 146
Well, we are in, full of water, balanced and running - took my first dip tonight. Now if this rain from Alex will just go away!!!!

Still have a fair bit of backfilling and landscaping to do, but its going to have to dry out for a few days before we can start that..

Only other items remaining are to seal the deck, deck mastic and deck drain covers and have the gas company upgrade my gas meter!

Attachments

• DSCF3364.JPG
    DSCF3364.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCF3365.JPG
    DSCF3365.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCF3368.JPG
    DSCF3368.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 115

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.