Can't keep any cl

Mar 30, 2008
Thanks to all on this board for all the help and ideas. I just wanted to post my little problem ans see if you all agree with my course of action.

Last year I really got my pool dialed in, I was running the pump for 6 hours, 3 in the morning and 3 at night, with my swcg at 40%. I always had fc of 8 or better and all I ever added to my pool was hcl as nessesary to control ph and 1lbs of stablizer.
This was with about 70-80% sunlight.

Now this year I had some trees cut down next door and this allows 100% sun light.
I have increased my swcg to 80% and now run 4 hours in the am and 4 hours in the pm, also put a total of 2 lbs of stabiliser, I can barely hold 1 fc and sometimes 0 :(

Have you done and overnight FC loss test with the SWCG off to see if there are organics in the water you're battling too? If there are, you'll need to shock and get rid of those first.

Also, can you post a set of numbers so we can see what your actual CYA level is reading (if it's been more than a week since you added stabilizer.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.