Venyl lner "engraved" wrinkle on the bottom of the pool

The Mermaid Queen said:
Hmmm, a pool installer on vacation in August? sounds fishy to me! Make sure you call them back at the beginning of the week to set up/confirm your appointment, or he might not show...

Don't worry, I will call back :twisted: again and again :twisted: I'm not someone that will forget and they know it.

I belive the PB is on Holidays, because here the pool season is almost over, except if you have a heater. So, the PB takes their Holidays in August, they are too busy in May, June and July. Even whene they installed mine at the beginning of July, the business was already slowing down. People get their pool very early (May) here, the swimming season is very short.

BIC

I'd keep at them BIC.

Go in there ready to do business and give him a chance to correct his mistake. If he refuses to do it then go from there. You said it was just installed. There should be no reason why they can't resolve this.

When and if they do, you may end up with a new liner and I'd make sure that *you* aren't paying for it because of their faulty instalation. I wouldn't give them a red cent to fix this.

Good luck BIC 8)

Let us know how it goes...

BIC said:
Is it possible that the bottom of an AG pool stays flat and almost perfect? I would like if AG pool owners would post here to say how are their pool bottom (cracks/wrinkles or not)? Just to give an idea if the problem is common or not :wink:

I have a lot of hills and valleys. No carcks, some wrinkles. This is my pool's second full season and the lumpiness seems to get worse as time passes. There are places where I can feel the struts. I'll try to take some photos at night with the pool light on. It's amazing what you can see on the bottom of your pool, then.

Anna

Here I am with the verdict about my cracks (canyons) in the bottom of the pool. The installer came and said it was canyons caused by worms in the sand under then liner. I knew it was probably that, what could it be. So, here is what the pool sotre will do for my case:

- They will drain (empty) the pool (the pool was installed on June 10th this year, so they said it's not a problem for the liner)
- They will install a Geotextile over the sand
- They will replace the line (same one) and refill the pool

They said , it should prevent the canyons to show in the liner. I was wondering if the the actual canyons will still show up when they will put back the old liner. They said no, the liner will take the new shape (no canyons) of the new bottom.

What do you think?

Hi everyone,

I just found few minutes to give some updates on my canyon/cracks problem. The pool installer came (mid september) to empty the pool and then installed the Geotextile over the sand. It's now done and I cannot comment on it because I have not went into the pool after the Geotextile was installed. I will see next summer if it works.

To those who looked at my pictures at the beginning of that thread and tried to guess what was the cause of those craks (canyons): that was caused by WORMS. When they removed the liner we found worms and this is how it looks in the sand:

BIC

Well, I hope this fixes your problem!

Let us know when you open the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.