Laars lite 2 - any ideas whats up with it?

Jun 9, 2010
Hi all,
I have a fairly new Laars lite 2 natural gas boiler for my below ground pool.
This heater has had a problem with the pilot light which turned out to be a copper wire that I have replaced and the pilot light now stays on..
however it will not fire up.
I took off the wires during the installation of the new copper wire and possibly mixed them up :oops: does anyone have a colour photo of the inside of one of these boilers.. I have a wiring diagram but it is hard to follow.
I have read that there is a way of bypassing the pressure valves and safety cut offs etc to test the switches etc .. any ideas??
Many thanks

Raydo123

Welcome to TFP!!

You can 'jump' the individual switches to see which one(s) is/ are bad. All you need to do is insert a small continuous wire (or gator clips) to take the switch in question out of the loop. It's been a while since I've had to play this game.

IF you do this and the heater fires - DO NOT CONTINUE TO RUN THE HEATER WITHOUT REPLACING THE DEFECTIVE PART!!! :hammer: These switches are there for a reason - no one wants you to die prematurely :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.