Think about becoming a convert...

cinnay

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I just took the cover off of my 18 foot round pool yesterday. The water is clear... it should be. Last fall, my husband and I had to empty it, scrub it, and refill it partially before we could close the pool due to an algae problem. We are filling it the rest of the way now... so it's pretty safe to assume that our biguanide level is pretty low.

We were Revacil users... when our pool was installed, the installer started us off with the product without us knowing any better. We've had 2 algae problems in 4 years of owning the pool.

I want to convert the pool to chlorine. I read the posted article about doing this, and it sounds pretty simple. How long will it take? I want to be able to use the pool ASAP!

Starting our conversion on Saturday.

Thanks.

This website is great. I ordered the recommended test kit and hope to have it by the weekend. We are starting our conversion on Saturday. I tested the biguanide, and it tested at less than 10ppm. Our pH is low, so I will be adjusting that over the next few days. Do I need to be concerned about a low alkalinity level? I was told by the people who set up the pool that the alkalinty level can affect how well the pH level holds... is this true?

I'm looking forward to the color show...

TA (total alkalinity) can be anywhere from 60 to 150 during a conversion. TA helps prevent PH changes, however high TA levels also put upward pressure on PH so that it will drift up in the presence of aeration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.