How to account for spikes in bather load?

jeffbg

Jul 29, 2008
Let's say that I master the BBB method at some point and have my pool dialed into 5-6ppm FC as I should.

Now, how do I account for big pool parties, the 6 kids from up the street crashing the pool on some random hot afternoon? I've got a SWG, so nothing happens too fast. Should I just add a bit of bleach at the end of the day to "top off" the FC should it dip a bit?

Is there enough FC in the pool overall to deal with this? Does the CYA act as a buffering agent to return CL to the pool and maintain FC levels?

- Jeff

Six kids will probably be fine, though worth a quick check afterwards. A dozen adults and 35 kids will require extra chlorine before and after.

If you are expecting lots of people, add some extra chlorine manually both before and after the party. For small/medium groups checking afterwards and adding a little extra chlorine if needed is good enough.

JasonLion said:
Six kids will probably be fine, though worth a quick check afterwards. A dozen adults and 35 kids will require extra chlorine before and after.

If you are expecting lots of people, add some extra chlorine manually both before and after the party. For small/medium groups checking afterwards and adding a little extra chlorine if needed is good enough.

Okay, sounds reasonable. What would you consider "some extra" chlorine? 1ppm? 2ppm?

-- Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.