Salt Level's incorrect on Pro Logic PL P4 - can I reset?

axl169

Jun 4, 2010
Hello All,
Relatively new to owning a pool, but we recently opened up our pool and our Pro Logic PL P4 computer is not getting the correct salt levels or temperature. This is only the second season using it. It reads 2400 PPM but we had it test and it was at 3350 PPM. Problem is that since it thinks the salt levels are low, the turbo cell will not turn on. Not to mention the water temp it reads is way above what it really is and the heater will not turn on either. Is there a way to HARD Reset the system? I tried killing the power to it but it resumed where it left off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Here are my results:
Alk: 40
pH: 7.1
Cyanruic Acid: 20
Hardness: 90
Total Chlorine: .5

Put in 17lbs of alkalinity today.

The temperature sensor is much more reliable than the salt sensor, so I would work on tracking that down first. Make sure the connector from the temperature sensor is still properly connected to the main unit and the cable isn't cut anywhere.

Where would the temperature sensor be and what does it look like? I have 2 wires coming from the panel, one that hooks into an octogon shaped thing that is plugged into the pipes, leading from the turbo cell. The other sits on top of a pvc pipe leading into the filter. It black and rectangular. I will try and provide pics when I get the chance. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.