Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 18x48 Easy Set Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 18x48 Easy Set Pool

Im debating on uprading from the 1500gal pump to the 2500 but dont know if i really need to. My water is clean and have had no Issues, but just kicking the idea around that it would be alot better. What do you all think? upgrade or spend money on something else?
    Intex Easy set 18x48 pool
    Intex Sand Filter
    Intex SWG system
    TF100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 18x48 Easy Set Pool

IMO almost all of the pumps and filters that come with the Intex units are poor setups for any pool - upgrading should include a better filter system too
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree with NWMNMom. They work okay when the pool is clear, but as soon as you have an algae outbreak, they aren't much above useless. If you can afford it, you'll be much better off with a regular pump and filter. Whether sand, cart, or DE, it will be a BIG improvement.
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

4. Back To Top    #4

yea i seen intex makes a sand pump, but I dont know how good it is. its around 200 dollars so seems like a good deal. I wouldnt mind spending around 200 on a upgrade, but dont know of any good routs. chime in if you all can think of any.
    Intex Sand Filter
    Intex SWG system
    TF100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Keep in mind that you are always better off with an oversized filter rather than an over powered pump and small filter. Do a search on the site here and you will see links to pumps and filters
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

6. Back To Top    #6

So would intex sand pump be a better choice then what I have. Which is the 1500 gal paper filter pump
    Intex Sand Filter
    Intex SWG system
    TF100 test kit