Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: step jets

1. Back To Top    #1

step jets

I have three sets of steps will air knobs on them as soon as I open the knobs I get water coming out of them the first year they worked great you could hear the air and bubbles out of the jets now only water comes out of them I have 7 all together the jets do work but no bubbles and yes the jets are open
    Vinyl pool 37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: step jets

If they are the ones I think they are, and the jet nozzles are somewhat loose/floppy in the sockets, then you are likely missing the thin teflon ring that goes in just before the jet and retaining collar.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes those are the ones I put the teflone rings in and only a few of them work is there aa diagram showing the proper way to install them I think they are hayward products
    Vinyl pool 37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

4. Back To Top    #4

There are two of those rings needed. One is in the retaining ring and one sits deep in the jet body. It's the latter one that seems to go MIA during winterization and is a PITA to find replacements for. Without that one in place, water tends to come out of the air valve instead of allowing for a venturi action to form in the jet. Buying the collars are often the only way to get extra/replacement rings.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

Okay got it I have extra rings so you are saying I need to for each jet One goes in the collar that screws in and one on the end of the ball of the jet.. Any pics of what it looks like?

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry, no pix handy but the extra ring will find it's seat when inserted with the ball end. Might take a little wiggle or might go right into place. When you thread the collar and the jet body holds it's position by friction, it will move smoothly. Open the jet, open the airway and it should aspirate normally.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks I wiil try when I get home one thing I noticed that the rings have a little flat spot on the side I guess that has to line up when you put the ring on the ball end of the jet