Census Poll on Intex Users

I have an 18'X42" Easy Set. It isnt as level as it should be, guess I'll have to buckle down a bit next spring! So far, so good, we have enjoyed it almost every day since I filled it. Water quality has been good with my splashes of bleach, and now that I have found TFP, I expect it to stay that way through science and the helpful folks here.

I have made an impromptu solar heater after my dog chewed on one of the hoses. I keep 2 filters so I always have a clean one to install. I rinse the crud out then throw them in the dishwasher.

I like everything about the pool except 1 thing. Man, those ladders are CHEESY!

here's a little mist system i rigged up to keep the slide wet:[attachment=2:3gj2nvui]32592.jpg[/attachment:3gj2nvui][attachment=1:3gj2nvui]46476.jpg[/attachment:3gj2nvui][attachment=0:3gj2nvui]87444.jpg[/attachment:3gj2nvui]

Attachments

• 32592.jpg
    32592.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 538
  • 46476.jpg
    46476.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 538
  • 87444.jpg
    87444.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 540
slide was a big hit with the kids:[attachment=2:1sbdeay6]7148.jpg[/attachment:1sbdeay6][attachment=1:1sbdeay6]10037.jpg[/attachment:1sbdeay6][attachment=0:1sbdeay6]21520.jpg[/attachment:1sbdeay6]

Attachments

• 7148.jpg
    7148.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 525
  • 10037.jpg
    10037.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 523
  • 21520.jpg
    21520.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 527
they got a little daring :shock:[attachment=2:12hqy24i]60026.jpg[/attachment:12hqy24i][attachment=1:12hqy24i]64517.jpg[/attachment:12hqy24i][attachment=0:12hqy24i]37158.jpg[/attachment:12hqy24i]

Attachments

• 60026.jpg
    60026.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 525
  • 64517.jpg
    64517.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 526
  • 37158.jpg
    37158.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 523
I gotta say...

These Intex pools are all about FUN for a good price.

JSF...you have certainly achieved that :goodjob:

Of course by the time some of us get all the right equipment we're ready for a more permanent type of pool.

I think I'll have a bigger Intex next time around...that way if I ever move it comes with me!

I don't have an Intex anymore, but I thought I'd chime in. We got a 15' metal frame around 5 years ago, and once we figured out why the water was brown and how to fix it, we had LOTS of fun! We took it down when my wife got pregnant and I was working 60-70 hours a week and couldn't take care of it anymore.

As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter how big your pool is, what kind, where you bought it, or anything. The only thing that matters is that you're happy with it! The only reason we have the pool we do is because we found it on Craigslist for $300. If not for that, that Intex would be right back up!

yeah, i wasnt to sure about the intex pools when i first looked at them but so far it has really provided my family with hours upon hours of fun. and the deck and slide has greatly enhanced that fun! for the money, i dont think i could have gotten anything else that would have provided the fun and entertainment that the pool has. i'm going to hate to see summer end this year!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello everyone, just bought a 20'x4' Intex ultra frame after much research and finding this forum! You all have provided a lot of needed information and things I would never have thought of, so thanks so much. I was wondering if anyone has left one of these up year round in a cold climate? I seem to be finding mixed answers on this. I gets fairly cold here(Indiana) can I safely leave it up all winter? Thanks for any thoughts and information.

I have had my 1st and 2nd Intex pool in the last moth and a half.
First was a 10' inflatable ring. Dog popped the ring the first day. Patched it up and ran a week with it.
The dext weekend, Buddy dealt his death blow. R.I.P. kidde pool. :salut:
One week later, "proud" owner of 15' frame pool with crrrraaaappp filter. Have a 2500 on its way!
will see how it does being up year round. Nice to have no real winter to speak of here.

have a 15'x48" intex metal frame pool, now need help with the cover! It never stays put!! what could i be doing wrong? we put it on and then we pulled the draw string, 2 hours latter found the cover in the pool :hammer: Grrr.. any advise how to keep it on :D

Bought our first Intex pool last week. Filled it, shocked it, and it turned green!! High iron and copper content in the water. Filter really bites so have a 2000GPH with SWG coming any day now. Good deal on the combo unit from e-bay for 239.00 and free shipping. Water is almost clear now, but I've been changing and cleaning the filter 2x daily. Also I've been adding 3/4 cup of D.E. to the skimmer to help with filtering, and it has. Filter is a dark brown when I change and clean it. Overall we've really enjoyed the pool. Our 2 dogs have also!! With adult supervision of course. I'll post more about the new filter when it comes in. Just worried about swapping out the fittings in the wall without having to empty the water down that low. (any ideas would be appreciated)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.