Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: added hardness control - Ph dropped

1. Back To Top    #1

added hardness control - Ph dropped

On sunday my ph was 8.0 and my hardness was 140ppm. the pool store computer told me to add 4 lbs of ph down and 25 lbs of hardness control. I added the ph down on sunday night and only 7 lbs of the harness control on monday and another 7 lbs yesterday. Today my ph was 7.2. is there a correlation? What actually is the "hardness control?"
    37,500 gal Kidney shaped plaster pool with Cozy corner and hot tub; Pentair DE Filter; Pentair Whisperflo 2.0 HP High Performance pump; Model 320 Pentair Automatic Chlorinator; Nature 2 XG Clear Vision Filter; Raypak Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: added hardness control - Ph dropped

The only "hardness control" product I can find is something to raise your calcium hardness; 140 is on the low side so that seems reasonable.

The pH Down is what lowered the pH. There's no real correlation between the pH and hardness adjustments.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: added hardness control - Ph dropped

thx
    37,500 gal Kidney shaped plaster pool with Cozy corner and hot tub; Pentair DE Filter; Pentair Whisperflo 2.0 HP High Performance pump; Model 320 Pentair Automatic Chlorinator; Nature 2 XG Clear Vision Filter; Raypak Heater