Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie in WV

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie in WV

Hey guys...well, we aren't really newbies, but we've had our pool for about 1 1/2 years now. So far we've just been getting by with the minimal upkeep, but we'd like to become more knowledgeable and have a better grasp on related issues, especially water chemistry. We have a great pool guy/builder, but is really laid back...not too big on extras (stabilizer, clarifier, etc). He comes from a shock your pool and that's all you need to do kind of background...we'd like to learn more and become more familiar with all that stuff. So, with that said, I guess you'll be seeing a lot of us on here! Thank's y'all!
    13,500 gallon vinyl liner pool, LPG heater, sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie in WV

Welcome Tome

Pull up a chair and read Pool School. Yeah, go ahead and read it two or three times then come on back and ask what you don't understand.

You'll need a good test kit to properly care for your pool too.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!!

I'd do as Bama suggests!

Just want to add that I lived in Wheeling for a couple of years 1/2 a lifetime ago

How 'bout them 'Eers!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Just want to say Hello from the other side of the mountains! This is a great site with lots of helpful and knowledgeable folks so jump right in, the water's great!
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!