Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to keep the keeeds out? Looking for a way to lock up.

1. Back To Top    #1

How to keep the keeeds out? Looking for a way to lock up.

Trying to keep the kids off the deck when adults are not around. I have a standard fence latch, and it has a slot for a lock. Do I just put a pad lock on it, or is there a better way?
    TIA!!!
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to keep the keeeds out? Looking for a way to lock up.

A padlock designed for outdoor use. Make sure you have an extra key!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

That is all we use and so far, it has been successful. Make sure the keeeeeeeeds can't REACH the key or the extra one. Master padlocks have an outdoor lock that has served us well both on the gate to the deck and the outdoor shed. Got ours at a big box store. Good luck with keeping the keeeeeds safe!
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks much! Thats what I will do. I know a lady that also had an alarm if it wasnt de-activated in 5 seconds that would go off if someone opened the gate. Dunno if I wil go that crazy since i see that alarm going off 5-10 times a day accidentally.
    As you can see the pool has been to the max with safety in mind.
    I did not have to have a pool fence, But it went in anyways to keep the little ones ( And some teenagers)safe as much as possable. The fence is a pita, But for peace of mind it's priceless.
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

5. Back To Top    #5

Our dog has learned how to jiggle the gate just so that the latch comes undone - from both sides. He REALLY wants to be on the deck.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!