Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salt System for 33' Above Ground Pool-Confused!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Salt System for 33' Above Ground Pool-Confused!!!!

I have a 33' round 52" high above ground pool. It holds around 25,000 to 27,000 gallons of water. I am looking for a salt system, but all of them that I find for that many gallons are only for in ground pools. Can anyone help or offer a suggestion for a system that will work?
    Clermont,Florida
    15,000 Gallons, Inground, Gunite, 2 HP Pentair Whisperflo Pump, Cartridge Filter, Baracuda Pool Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Salt System for 33' Above Ground Pool-Confused!!!!

If it's a SWCG system that uses a cell that's plumbed inline with the piping, it can be used for an AGP as well as an IGP. I found two systems online that can handle your pool; the Aqua Rite system and the Intellichlor system. I'm sure there are others available as well. Be prepared for sticker shock though - the bigger the cell, the more you pay for it. You might also want to check with some of the vendors who provide discounts to TFP supporters.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

3. Back To Top    #3

There isn't any problem using an SWG designed for an in-ground pool with an above ground pool. The install will be slightly more work, but nothing especially difficult.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I imagine you can also install install multiple units. I know there are some good prices out there on some A/G units. If you can do the job with two of those, you might compare to the cost of one I/G unit. I don't know anything about the quality of the A/G's versus the I/G's, though.
    16x32 IG vinyl liner, ~19K gallon, built with my own blood, sweat, & tears!
    1 hp Water Ace pump, Goldline Aqua-Rite 40K SWG
    300# Hayward sand filter, dual skimmers, pool open 12 mos/yr

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

6. Back To Top    #6

The Aqua Rite 40K gal unit will also work just fine on your system too and is not hard to install - the owners manuals are all linked to the merchant's site at DBfan187's post above. It looks like that merchant carries them for about $100 more than the Jandy - I don't know much about the Jandy units...
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!