Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: It's not much....

1. Back To Top    #1

It's not much....

But it's ours.

Moved the offset (left umbrella) to that spot today, not fun when it's 87! If we're lucky the fabric will last the season.

Next project, deck removal and reuse as a "pool stuff box", hoses, toys, all that jazz.

Thought I'd share.
    24' AG, 2 hp 2sp brand new (Aug 09) cartridge filter & pump.
    Loads of pool toys and a very impatient little girl who wants that pool ready yesterday!. :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: It's not much....

What a pretty shade of blue!

I look at the above ground pools sometimes and think, "what a pain to have to climb the ladder." But then again, the only stuff that ends up in your pool is from a direct hit; anything on my patio is a likely candidate to end up in the pool. That includes lawn clippings that blow out from under the mower, shingle grit, bits of charcoal and ash from the barbeque, drunks....

24' is pretty good-sized unless you wanna swim laps, and very few of us have room for a pool that big! You have nothing to apologize for.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Velry nice and inviting!

Another fan of multiple umbrellas. I already have three up and thinking about getting #4 out of the basement

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    ........ anything on my patio is a likely candidate to end up in the pool. That includes lawn clippings that blow out from under the mower, shingle grit, bits of charcoal and ash from the barbeque, drunks....
    Good points!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Very nice. I'm missing mine so much looking at pictures like yours- hopefull liner replacement is done soon so I can enjoy a backyard scene like yours!
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks everybody!
    24' AG, 2 hp 2sp brand new (Aug 09) cartridge filter & pump.
    Loads of pool toys and a very impatient little girl who wants that pool ready yesterday!. :)

6. Back To Top    #6

Your backyard retreat is perfect because it's yours!!

Enjoy!
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump
    http://www.poolservicestech.com Liquidator
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    http://www.tftestkits.net TFT100 test kit