Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cleaning top rails

1. Back To Top    #1

cleaning top rails

what is the best thing to clean the top rails with? my top rails are a composite material i guess. they are getting a little bit of black stuff in the cracks. i tried letting 409 sit on there and the wiping it off but that didnt really work. could i put beach on there or would it discolor it too bad? what have yall found that works best?
    24 ft round ABG 4.5
    2 hp pump with 200 lb sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: cleaning top rails

409 is some strong stuff. I cant reccomend bleach I would be too afraid of the composite bleaching.
    Have you tried a powerwasher?
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

3. Back To Top    #3

Have you tried that Mr Clean Magic Eraser?
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4

i didnt try a pressure washer but i did try to use a magic eraser and it works but you can only clean about 1-1.5 sections with one pad before the magic eraser is gone. the textured part of the rails wears the magic eraser pad out fast. i think i will try 409 next. hopefully i will find something that will clean them soon, i am running out of options.
    24 ft round ABG 4.5
    2 hp pump with 200 lb sand filter