Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A Belated Introduction

1. Back To Top    #1

A Belated Introduction

Hello, everyone...

I found this forum as a link from another one found through Google. I found this one to have more frequent traffic, so I find myself just visiting this one.

I live in the east bay area (east of San Francisco) with my wife and two kids. My "day job" is I'm a Senior Sound Designer for a major videogame company. In other words, I design sound effects and do sound mixing for videogames.

My pool is a 20,000 gallon in-ground plaster/gunite pool. It is rather old (Maybe more than 20 years old) and I've been doing all my own work on it, including replacing the old, rusty DE filter with a cartridge filter, installing solar, replacing the copper plumbing with PVC, and moving the equipment to a different part of the yard. This weekend, I'll be installing an Aquarite SWG that just arrived yesterday. We hope to resurface the pool this Fall, but that's a job for the pros.

Thank you for the great resource that is this forum. I've learned more in the past few weeks about pool care than I knew from my 4.5 years of pool ownership.
    blubluenoiseise

My pool: 14,750 gallons in-ground plaster
    FAFCO Solar panels (seven 4' x 12') with a Goldline automatic controller
    1/2 HP WhisperFlo filter pump, Kreepy Krauly cleaner, Cartridge Filter
    Aquarite SWG, Satisfied user of the TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    nice to meet you blue!
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

3. Back To Top    #3
    Welcome to TFP! I have cousins in San Mateo, but I have no idea if that is near you. I just know they are near SF somewhere.

By the number of members we have gathered in a very short time, it certainly seems that TFP is the place to be! (I'm a little partial to it myself!!)

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi and welcome to the group! Don't forget to show us pics of your pool and your pool projects.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks!

Grace, San Mateo is south of San Francisco by about 20 minutes and is near where I work. I live east of San Francisco on the inland side of the bay.

Buggs, I will try to gather some pictures to post. I'll be doing a pretty big project this weekend, so it'll be a good opportunity for picture-taking.
    blubluenoiseise

My pool: 14,750 gallons in-ground plaster
    FAFCO Solar panels (seven 4' x 12') with a Goldline automatic controller
    1/2 HP WhisperFlo filter pump, Kreepy Krauly cleaner, Cartridge Filter
    Aquarite SWG, Satisfied user of the TF-100 Test Kit