A Belated Introduction

bluenoise

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 25, 2007
Alamo, CA
Hello, everyone...

I found this forum as a link from another one found through Google. I found this one to have more frequent traffic, so I find myself just visiting this one.

I live in the east bay area (east of San Francisco) with my wife and two kids. My "day job" is I'm a Senior Sound Designer for a major videogame company. In other words, I design sound effects and do sound mixing for videogames.

My pool is a 20,000 gallon in-ground plaster/gunite pool. It is rather old (Maybe more than 20 years old) and I've been doing all my own work on it, including replacing the old, rusty DE filter with a cartridge filter, installing solar, replacing the copper plumbing with PVC, and moving the equipment to a different part of the yard. This weekend, I'll be installing an Aquarite SWG that just arrived yesterday. We hope to resurface the pool this Fall, but that's a job for the pros. :)

Thank you for the great resource that is this forum. I've learned more in the past few weeks about pool care than I knew from my 4.5 years of pool ownership.

The Mermaid Queen

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
Northern KY
Welcome to TFP! I have cousins in San Mateo, but I have no idea if that is near you. I just know they are near SF somewhere.

By the number of members we have gathered in a very short time, it certainly seems that TFP is the place to be! (I'm a little partial to it myself!!)

bluenoise

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 25, 2007
Alamo, CA
Thanks for the warm welcome, folks!

Grace, San Mateo is south of San Francisco by about 20 minutes and is near where I work. I live east of San Francisco on the inland side of the bay.

Buggs, I will try to gather some pictures to post. I'll be doing a pretty big project this weekend, so it'll be a good opportunity for picture-taking.