Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hoses and Duct Tape

1. Back To Top    #1

Hoses and Duct Tape

The hose from my pump to my filter refuses to stay on. It always comes off on the pump even though I have two clamps on it. My solution was duct tape around the base of the hose and the pump. It works like a charm. Is this an acceptable solution, or am I doing something wrong altogether? Is it frowned upon in the pool community?
    11000 gallon Viking Fiberglass 12 x 28, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, 24" cascade fountain, 12" cascade fountain, 1 1/2 HP pump, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hoses and Duct Tape

sounds like something is wrong, duct tape can melt off in warm conditions. post a picture of your setup and we can help you better.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds like the hose is bigger than the nipple. Duct tape filler probably won't last. Time to break out the ruler and make a visit to the hardware store.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

My hoses were the correct size. Turns out, a threaded hose adapter with barbs on one end solved the problem. On to the next issue!
    11000 gallon Viking Fiberglass 12 x 28, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, 24" cascade fountain, 12" cascade fountain, 1 1/2 HP pump, sand filter