Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello From Matt 633

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello From Matt 633

Hello everyone. Quite a wealth of information. Thanks to all for their insightful replies.
    5450 gallon 18' Intex Easy Set, Dynamo 3/4 hp 2 speed pump, 200# sand filter, Intex swcg, k-2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    Matt, glad you are here and that you are enjoying the site.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Hi Matt - welcome! I have learned so much in the short time I have been here too.
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.

5. Back To Top    #5

Matt 633, Love the verse reference. Welcome to TFP! Jump right in, the water feels great!
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi and welcome to the group!
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Not too much swimming activity this week. Some rain about every day. Trying to figure out the swcg cycle. Currently only running 1 hour per day and maintaining 5 ppm fc. I may need to run only every other day. CYA <30 and in the process of bringing this up. For this pool, 40 should be ok. Water is crystal clear.
    5450 gallon 18' Intex Easy Set, Dynamo 3/4 hp 2 speed pump, 200# sand filter, Intex swcg, k-2006 test kit

9. Back To Top    #9
    Matt,

Welcome to TFP. Based on your location, we need to put you in touch with the lady from Southern North Carolina.
    I couldn't resist that one. What part of Western East Texas??? Just curious. Again, welcome aboard.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

10. Back To Top    #10

As you are aware, TX covers a lot of ground. So, East TX in turn, covers a large area too! I live near Athens, a retirement community for those wanting to escape from Dallas. About an hour or so southeast. The southern part of Cedar Creek Lake is the big attraction. D/FW is considered North TX and I guess places north of that are considered the panhandle.