2021 New Build Thread/#2 Build

Looks great design wise, but gonna be pricey to build that roof waterfall. Your gonna need to come up thru the columns with piping amd have a thick enough fascia to insert either sheer descents or a custom spray bar in it. You need multiple water feeds for that length of falls.

good we are in the design process, if it gets too pricey we can deal without it, we got a bid already on everything except the roof top waterfall, waiting to hear what that upgrade will cost, if it gets too pricey we can deal without it.. ... i believe the water fall is only like 6 ft... The builder has done this before, his pool is amazing on a much larger scale...

The design is gorgeous!!!

I love the waterfall idea but also would like a way to get into the bar area without getting my head wet in case, and also I would not want the splash on my back either.

Would be nice to have a way to turn it off in case you want to sit and look out at the pool the other way, watch the kids or talk to someone floating in the pool.

All good points, thank you all for the feedback...
Waterfall will be on it’s own pump, shouldn’t be too much of a problem to turn on/off, bar itself will be 19ft wide, should be room on the sides to get to stools without get wet, I don’t know the exact measurements but rainfall should be a few feet behind the stools.. this pic shows a little of what we are going for

Need suggestions on pool depths? any ideas from members are greatly appreciated....
our previous pool was 3.5ft - 5.5ft - 4ft, the shallow end was not deep enough, the 5.5ft was ok but playing volleyball was a challenge even for me being 6ft tall..
Is 4ft enough for swimming laps?
shallow end minimun would like it to be 4ft,
as of now thinking to be 4ft shallow end by the stools and 5ft at the other end?

Need suggestions on pool depths? any ideas from members are greatly appreciated....
our previous pool was 3.5ft - 5.5ft - 4ft, the shallow end was not deep enough, the 5.5ft was ok but playing volleyball was a challenge even for me being 6ft tall..
Is 4ft enough for swimming laps?
shallow end minimun would like it to be 4ft,
as of now thinking to be 4ft shallow end by the stools and 5ft at the other end?
My 40’ long pool will be 4’ water depth for the first 20’ then slope 4’-5’ water depth for the last 20’. me and my girls are short (I’m 5’2”😁) hubby is 5’10”. Mostly used for floating or swimming laps :giggle::swim:

Well after alot of planning we just could not pull the trigger with the new pool builder, plus realization kicked in that since we started talking to them last summer the price of pools have gone up significally since then, if you are wondering here in the Houston area it has gone up an easy 20-25% in less than a year. On a good note our pool builder that built our previous pool on our last home contacted us and said he could squeeze some time and build for us even though he does not service our area since we moved out of the city.... So after a few conversations, we decided to scale back on our design and will build something similar to our old pool. Will be starting a new thread in the next few days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.