Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IC40 % clorination question

1. Back To Top    #1

IC40 % clorination question

Question for those in the know-

The control panel for my IC40 displays the percentage in 20% chunks. My automation system allows adjustments by single digits. I have been hesitant to run the system at anything but 20% or 40% as it shows on the unit.

The problem is that at 40% I get too much chlorine and at 20% too little. Could I set it at 30% and would the IC40 produce it at that rate?

Thanks!
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IC40 % clorination question

You don't mention what automation you have but the Easytouch or Intellitouch systems will control the IC-40 in 1% increments essentially overriding the control panel on the IC-40.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: IC40 % clorination question

I have the intellitouch- Thanks!
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.