Trying to restore green Pool

My opinion is that the instant conditioner is a waste of money every time. Everyone seems to think that getting the CYA to dissolve quickly is important, but it really isn't. Save some money, buy granular, add it, pull out a case of POP and relax (POP is pool owner patience).

JasonLion said:
My opinion is that the instant conditioner is a waste of money every time. Everyone seems to think that getting the CYA to dissolve quickly is important, but it really isn't. Save some money, buy granular, add it, pull out a case of POP and relax (POP is pool owner patience).

Good advice for my wallet :-D Any particular brand recommendation?

I keep having the problem when trying to vacuum up the pool. There's a lot of very fine debris at the bottom (sand/pollen/dead algae maybe?) I vacuum it up through the vacuum line, but then it gets spit back out into the pool again. Is this normal or is there something wrong in regards to the cartridge filter?

Are you cleaning your filter just before you vacuum? Sometimes if filter is already full before vac that can happen, but to be honest I've never had a lot of luck vacuuming with my cart. How old are your carts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
whoozer said:
Are you cleaning your filter just before you vacuum? Sometimes if filter is already full before vac that can happen, but to be honest I've never had a lot of luck vacuuming with my cart. How old are your carts?

Oh maybe that is why. I always vacuum when the filter is on the brink of being clogged (figure i'll get the most out of it before I take it out and clean it) They are around 1-2 years old left from previous owner.

Do you have that same problem too whoozer? How do you vacuum your pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.