Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Great $250 replacement for Intex Filter Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Great $250 replacement for Intex Filter Pump

When my Intex filter/pump died I found a great replacement for about $250 at Amazon.com. I figure it will pay for itself in not needing to buy lots of Intex filters in 2 years and it works so much better.

Waterway 1 hp TWM Cartridge Above Ground Pool Filter system 50 Sq Ft Complete # 520-4010

http://www.amazon.com/Waterway-Cartridg ... r-mr-title

Be warned that the suction is so strong that it collapsed my almost clear Intex vacuum hose and hose to the skimmer. I am now using stronger hoses.

I was a little disappointed with how the whole system is held together. Only the motor/pump part is firmly connected to the base plate. The filter and debris basket are primarily held on by the pipe connections. There is a bracket under the filter cylinder, but it is not firmly connected.

I had a minor leak with the filter top. The manufacturer sent a replacement filter body with no hassles. By the time the replacement arrived, the leak had slowed so much I haven't bothered to swap in the new body yet.

I am very please with this. I only gave it 4 starts because of the less that great connections between the parts.
    12' x 20' Intex Oval Frame Pool, AG
    Waterway 1 hp TWM Cartridge Filter
    4' x 20' solar panel
    41' water depth
    4393 Gallons according to the box.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Great $250 replacement for Intex Filter Pump

Quote Originally Posted by jmills
    When my Intex filter/pump died I found a great replacement for about $250 at Amazon.com. I figure it will pay for itself in not needing to buy lots of Intex filters in 2 years and it works so much better.

Waterway 1 hp TWM Cartridge Above Ground Pool Filter system 50 Sq Ft Complete # 520-4010

http://www.amazon.com/Waterway-Cartridg ... r-mr-title

Be warned that the suction is so strong that it collapsed my almost clear Intex vacuum hose and hose to the skimmer. I am now using stronger hoses.

I was a little disappointed with how the whole system is held together. Only the motor/pump part is firmly connected to the base plate. The filter and debris basket are primarily held on by the pipe connections. There is a bracket under the filter cylinder, but it is not firmly connected.

I had a minor leak with the filter top. The manufacturer sent a replacement filter body with no hassles. By the time the replacement arrived, the leak had slowed so much I haven't bothered to swap in the new body yet.

I am very please with this. I only gave it 4 starts because of the less that great connections between the parts.
    What hose or size did you get to replace your collapsed skimmer hose?
    AG, 18'x52" Intex Ultraframe, 7600gal
    Hayward S160T Sand Filter & 1hp pump
    Installed 5/2012

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Great $250 replacement for Intex Filter Pump

I don't remember on the hoses. A lot of them were hand-me-downs I got from free-cycle. I have since sold the pool, filter, and heater, so I can't look at them, My 6 foot 14 YO didn't find a 3.5 foot pool much fun anymore.
    12' x 20' Intex Oval Frame Pool, AG
    Waterway 1 hp TWM Cartridge Filter
    4' x 20' solar panel
    41' water depth
    4393 Gallons according to the box.