Lowering TA

OK!!
    Here is what I have now
    FC 4
    TC 4
    PH 7.3
    TA 150
    CYA 50
    I put in 4lbs of stabilizer and 28 oz of muriatic acid. I also made a cool gismo with my air compressor. I drilled a zillion little holes in a 24ft piece of tubing laid it in the pool hooked it up to the compressor and wala "Tiny bubbles in my pool makes me feel happy and its pretty cool"

However is my TA still too high? More acid?? and what is the TA going to do for me if its lower?

Thanks for all your help

Ken
    13K gal, Vinyl, 24' x 52" AGP, 1 HP pump, sand filter, 75 GPM, Chlorine

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lowering TA

Your CYA is 50 and you added 4lb? Or is that what you got after you added the 4lb (I hope)?

What's your CH? If it's low-to-normal then there's no chemistry-balance reason to lower TA; but if you find the pH rises too fast to keep under control in a reasonable way, then it's worth purposely reducing it.

If your CH is higher, then getting TA down under 100 is probably a good goal.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Your CYA is 50 and you added 4lb? Or is that what you got after you added the 4lb (I hope)?

What's your CH? If it's low-to-normal then there's no chemistry-balance reason to lower TA; but if you find the pH rises too fast to keep under control in a reasonable way, then it's worth purposely reducing it.

If your CH is higher, then getting TA down under 100 is probably a good goal.

--paulr

Sorry about that.. these are my readings after I made the adjustments. My CH is 300

4. Back To Top    #4

Your current TA level is alright as long as your PH doesn't ever go above 7.8. If you have problems with the PH drifting up quickly, then it is worth working on lowering TA, but otherwise you can leave it where it is.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Do you have a photo of your home-made aerator that you could post? I'd like to see it.
    12,000 gallon IG (newly re-plastered) pool, Pentair 3/4hp pump, DE filter, TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ben
    Do you have a photo of your home-made aerator that you could post? I'd like to see it.
    OK

Ill take a picture and put on pc but how do I attacth to post??? I guess its right below this where it says

If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below. (256K file size limit)

Ken

7. Back To Top    #7

To attach a pic it's easier to use PHotobucket or a similar photo hosting site. It automatically resizes the pics for easier viewing. These sites are usually free.

AFter you upload to their site, just copy and past the "IMG" code into your message here and the pic appears.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

8. Back To Top    #8

I use photobucket, and once you post photos a time or two it gets easier.
    12,000 gallon IG (newly re-plastered) pool, Pentair 3/4hp pump, DE filter, TF-100 test kit