Building my first pool...

simicrintz said:
bk406 said:
I'm not so convinced a little stake or a shovel in the ground will puncture it.

I've seen it firsthand, more times than I care to. Once, in my opinion, is too many. Not the plumbers fault, or the product. (And I don't happen to fall in the non-builder/non-plumber category :shock: :cool: ). :

Liner wasnt in yesterday when i stopped by, but the floor was done. Ill upload more pics later!

Personally, i think the 50 or 100Ft rolls of flex are a PAIN to unroll and lay out.. i think it would be easier to use rigid. Im not a builder, but the thought of couplings connecting pieces of rigid underground instead of one straight shot of flex from the fitting to the filter would worry me. Then again i worry about everything when im doing a job lol :oops: .. a little too much actually... Im ALL about doing the job right and making sure the customer will be happy for a while, not just long enough so i can split and cash the check. :hammer:

I have a customer with a fiberglass pool that was installed by a local guy ( business name changed every year for the last 3 years) I will take pics of his plumbing at the system... Im gonna warn you... make sure your sitting down...

sch 40 fittings?? nah... how about the homedepot drain fittings, made for NON pressure applications. Clear primer and glue? whats that?? This guys LOVES the purple primers... he likes it so much he splashed it everywhere :evil: The first time i went there i told the homeowner, " ya know, you really shouldnt have used that type of pvc fittings when you redid the filter and pump, they arent made for pressure" Then he replied... Really? Maybe you should tell that to the builder.. he just installed the pool last year.... i didnt say much from there lol

simicrintz, this is for you hahah :-D . this is some SAWEET plumbing.
I think thats actually rigid that was heated, and bent? I wonder if the homeowner needs a ladder to turn the valve above the heater? LOL

found the pic online, no idea whos pool it is.

Attachments

• Insane plumbing.jpg
    Insane plumbing.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 35
Heckpools said:
Im not a builder, but the thought of couplings connecting pieces of rigid underground instead of one straight shot of flex from the fitting to the filter would worry me.

Thats why I like the flex or poly for this application. Especially for vinyl package pools where the plumbing doesnt have to be that complicated. When we used to run copper, we NEVER put joints under a slab. We ran that rolled soft copper from fixture to fixture, and tied it all together in a wall panel. 9 times out of 10, a leak is going to be at a joint.

Heckpools said:
Clear primer and glue? whats that?? This guys LOVES the purple primers... he likes it so much he splashed it everywhere
Actually, there is nothing wrong with the purple, although it does make a mess. But, in actual cases where you are really plumbing an inspectable job, the inspector will not pass the job unless he sees the primer. Thats why there is the purple stuff. In some juisdictions, the inspector will flunk a job if he doesn't see the purple stuff.

Heckpools said:
simicrintz, this is for you hahah :-D . this is some SAWEET plumbing.
I think thats actually rigid that was heated, and bent? I wonder if the homeowner needs a ladder to turn the valve above the heater? LOL

found the pic online, no idea whos pool it is.

Been out of town and just getting back; that is hilarious!! Reminds me of one of the "bad guys" from Spiderman(?)-Octopus or something!!

Thanks for the pic. That could be a "see how many things you can find wrong with this plumbing" contest photo!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.