Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Convertible Portable Fire Pit and Cocktail Table

1. Back To Top    #1

Convertible Portable Fire Pit and Cocktail Table

I came up with an idea which I thought I would share. We inherited out son's fire pit as he and his family was moving from a house to an apartment last year December. It served us well during the cool time period from December till February and I was very impressed with the sturdy bowl and stout frame. My challenge was what would I do with this for the 9-10 mths and where would I store it more importantly. I along with my best friend , who had all the necessary tools and skills, decided to custom build a table top with movable latches so that we could use it during the summer, remove the table top and put in the fire pit bowl for the winter. All materials were bought from Lowe's and HD. The top is the blue glass tile at $10 per square ( total of 9 squares). We went with this because it would match our pool tile and plaster. The total cost in materials was around $150. See the attached pics[attachment=2:nb23d5vh]DSCN9727 (Large).JPG[/attachment:nb23d5vh][attachment=1:nb23d5vh]DSCN0777.JPG[/attachment:nb23d5vh][attachment=0:nb23d5vh]DSCN0779.JPG[/attachment:nb23d5vh]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Convertible Portable Fire Pit and Cocktail Table

Cool.

Also, the chairs look to be PVC piping. Did you make them?
    The avatar is Spalding from Caddyshack
    18x36 vinyl IG - approximately 24000 gal
    Jandy SHPM1.5 Pump (1.5 HP); Jandy APURE 1400 SWG; Polaris PB4-60Q Booster Pump; Jandy CL340 Cartridge Filter
    (3) 4'x12' Aquatherm solar panels
    Next project, pump sound enclosure and lots of pool landscaping [6tons of stone 8) funnnn]

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker
    Cool.

No those were given to us. Would you believe that the chairs and cushions are over 30yrs old?

I made this towel holder this weekend and the cost of the peices was about $22.00 from Home Depot. I did not glue it together in case I wanted to modify or break down. I cannot take credit for this, lborne from Vero Beach sent me some pics, however I modified from his original pic, it is using 1 inch PVC plumbing and the wife wanted it to hold more towels, total of 6 large beach towels. The hooks come in handy hanging up swimsuits floating chairs etc..

5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Cool.

A company by the name of Palm Casual makes PVC patio furniture.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pa ... +casual+pa
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by JoshU
    Cool.

A company by the name of Palm Casual makes PVC patio furniture.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pa ... +casual+pa
    I think that is where my friends got the furniture from.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Brentr
    Cool.

No those were given to us. Would you believe that the chairs and cushions are over 30yrs old?

I made this towel holder this weekend and the cost of the peices was about $22.00 from Home Depot. I did not glue it together in case I wanted to modify or break down. I cannot take credit for this, lborne from Vero Beach sent me some pics, however I modified from his original pic, it is using 1 inch PVC plumbing and the wife wanted it to hold more towels, total of 6 large beach towels. The hooks come in handy hanging up swimsuits floating chairs etc..
    I like the towel rack. do you have exact measurements/plans? Or did you just match up along the way as you built it?
    24' x 52" AGP = 13.5k gallons
    Dynamo 2.0 HP pump,Sand Dollar sand filter
    Polaris 65 vacuum (good when there are a ton of leaves on bottom), Pool Rover Jr. (LOVE it, but power box dead right now), AquaCritter (an excellent suction side cleaner)

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by rastoma
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentr
    Cool.

I like the towel rack. do you have exact measurements/plans? Or did you just match up along the way as you built it?
    Lborne gave me some direction in designing this. The actual height is 45 inches and the width of the towel rack is 43 inches. I used 1inch PVC and 1/2 inch for the towels. I do not plan on gluing the fittings as you can adapt or break down for storage in the winter. Since then I added another brace in the back as we now put more than towels on it. I will post more pics later this week.

8. Back To Top    #8

LOVE my PVC furniture. My parents bought ours in oh....88-89? I inherited the table and 4 chairs/cushions our first year in the house.. So we're on 20 some years. I still have the original cushions in tan/pale blue/rose. It holds up better than anything I've ever had.
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump
    http://www.poolservicestech.com Liquidator
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    http://www.tftestkits.net TFT100 test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Okay here are the pics of the towel rack with the other brace. As you can see I need the extra support because the towel rack holds more than just towels Yikes I think I need to build another one

I also updated the Dolphin Bar with a table skirt that I found at a party store for $5.99