calcium build up in pop up system

simicrintz said:
gsmiley said:
Alright guys, pool drained and refilled with the info from the pool calculator and noticed the CH went down to 200 from 525 ppm. Now I noitced the recommended for traditional pools is 200 while for trouble free pool its 250. How important is it to add the extra 50 ppm. That would cost $50 using a CH increaser.

Personally, I'd leave it down there. It will come up plenty quick on its own!

National Plasters' Council recommends between 200-400-ppm, so, in my opinion, you are in great shape!

you are becoming my best friend Simicrintz. I finally was able to test my CYA and its 50. I'm about to put in some Borax in the pool. I already have my borates from my last application at 15 and just want to get it back to 50. Now I may be confused, but will the addition of Borax increase the CYA ? I want to keep the CYA in the 60-80 range since I live in Phoenix AZ arid area.

frustratedpoolmom said:
The borax will have no affect on the CYA level. :)

Are you following the instructions for the borates addition in pool school (using acid)?

I'm going insane here. I've followed directions to lower the TA of the pool. The PH has gone down, and my TA went from 110 to 90 the first round. Now I'm waiting for the PH to go back up to 7.6 and its taking forever. Is this normal ? Did I do something wrong. I went to get rid of using the pucks or any powder for my pool because I had a huge CYA and CH problem. I want to use bleach only. With that in mind, I want to get the TA around 70-80 ppm. Does it usually take hours to get the PH back up. I have my Waterfall and aerator on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.