Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Colorlogic LED light repair??

1. Back To Top    #1

Colorlogic LED light repair??

well i bought a bank owned thats only 4 years old and upon draining the pool for acid wash and cleaning the glass on the pool and spa lights are both busted and not working ! with that being said THESE THINGS ARE OUTRAGOUSLY PRICED ....I'm pretty handy and was wandering if anyone has ever fixed any of these lights ????
    'If you can read this, thank a teacher -and, since it's in English, thank a soldier'

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Colorlogic LED light repair??

The 2010 Hayward product guide has a couple screws, a couple outer rims and replacement fixtures. That's it.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by captianron713
    well i bought a bank owned thats only 4 years old and upon draining the pool for acid wash and cleaning the glass on the pool and spa lights are both busted and not working ! with that being said THESE THINGS ARE OUTRAGOUSLY PRICED ....I'm pretty handy and was wandering if anyone has ever fixed any of these lights ????

Are you wanting to fix the LED bulb, the light fixture, or the light bucket parts (what the lens and face plate clamp or screw to)? That info would probably help someone to better answer.

gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

4. Back To Top    #4

have your electrician check the power ?
    14000K gal 400sq ft w 6x8 spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS3050, Pentair cart filter, Pentair Master Temp, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Easy Touch 8, wireless control. 3x intellibrite LED light. Pentair Kreepy Krauley Sand Shark. Solar Panel Plumbing. 2 x 24 inch arc sheer 24" spa spill way.

5. Back To Top    #5

well i removed the complete unit and took it apart and come to find out the transformer is blown and doesn't produce 12v so the time wasting stops there as far as repairing the pool and spa lights i'm gonna abandon the thought .....thanks for the input time to look on e-bay for colorlogics!!!
    'If you can read this, thank a teacher -and, since it's in English, thank a soldier'

6. Back To Top    #6

The Hayward colorlogic LED light is not serviceable. The newer 4.0 version is brighter than the previous 2.5 version. Lights come in 12v and 120v with varying cord lengths. If cost is an issue, the Hayward Astrolight (incandescent/halogen) should fit in the same niche and is less than half the price.
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.