I will try to make my story very short.
- I got a brand new pool installed 3 WEEKS ago
- The pool is an 24' AG with vinyl liner
- I also have installed the SWG Aquatrol (from GOLDLINE/Hayward)
- Since the pool is installed, I have been analyzing my water everyday and succeded to get a a good balanced water
- Today (after only 3 weeks) I noticed that my 4 bolts at the bottom (in the water) of the ladder are starting to rust (corrosion). When I rub the bolts (under water) I can see corrosion dust coming out of it.
- I then looked at my skimmer, the bolts are starting to corrode too, it's just a little bit, but I can see that it's starting.
- I went to a pool store where they sale the Aquatrol and asked about the corrosion I have (don't ask me why I didn't go to the store that sold me the pool). They asked me if my pool was grounded, I said "NO", but the Aquatrol is grounded (not the pool). There is a big copper wire attached to the aquatrol and the other end is attached to a 4 feet metal bar that they (pool builder) put into the ground.
- The pool has not been grounded because the pool store, that sold me my pool and the SWG, said that a resin pool DO NOT HAVE TO BE GROUNDED. Everything, execpt the the screws in the posts/skimmer and the wall, are resin. They said that even if the pool is in resin, the metal wall requires that the pool must be grounded.
I don't know what to think now. I read many things about SWG and corrosion, but I was never expecting a so QUICK (3 weeks) corrosion problem.
- Is it true that a resin pool, with a metal wall, has to be grounded when you use a SWG?
- Is it true that if I ground my pool, the corrosion will STOP?
I'm starting to be very nervous about that problem.