Build progress

In general the type of roof is called "standing seam". The material itself is an aluminum/zinc alloy that is then powder coated (a type of paint application) and placed on long rolls. A roofing company arrives at the house with a forming machine and makes runs as long as needed to match the roof length.

The specific roof product manufacturer's web site is: http://www.sentrigard.com. I did not not pick the brand, the roofing company did, so I can't speak to if they are in the top or bottom for quality (40 yr warranty, but only installed in 2004 after Hurricanes Francis & Jeanne did extensive damage). I do know the roof reduced my wind (hurricane) insurance premiums as the metal is rated at 140+mph (225kph). In my area they charge about 2.5 times the cost of shingles, but that may be just due to local conditions.

Hello. When you installed your solar did you use a goldline type controller or did you hook into your EasyTouch control panel? Also, if you don't mind sharing where did you purchase your panels from?

Thanks.
Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.