Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SuperGator

1. Back To Top    #1

SuperGator

While I'm a new member on the board I've been reading for some time. We built a 38000-40000 gallon pool last year with a copper ionization sanitation system. I'll post all the equipment specifics at a later date.

I've enjoyed reading many of the threads here and plan on reading many more.
    15.5 k gallon. IG. plaster. Pool/spa pump: Jandy Zodiac FloPro FHPM 2.0-2 (0.25 and 2.0 HP 2-speed). Water feature pump: Jandy Zodiac Stealth Pro Series, SHPF 3.0 (3.0 HP). Filter: 250 SF cartridge. Surface area 290 SF. Jandy AquaPure SWG and PureLink. Aqualink controls. Jandy Legacy Pool and Spa Heater by Zodiac 400,000 BTU - natural gas. Heliocol solar panels. Built 3/2013.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SuperGator

Welcome! Make yourself at home!

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP Wonder if you might be in my backyard no-mas is a fellow gator so are we
    Glad to have you on board
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

SG,

Welcome to the forum

(all three of you are up w-a-a-ay too early in the AM )
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

SuperGator - great username. Welcome!
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Welcome aboard.
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

8. Back To Top    #8

Hey SuperGator Welcome. See, I can be nice to a Gator fan Hey, I can hook you up with a nice avatar if you want Just ask no-mas It'll definately have orange in it.
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks for all the welcomes guys/gals. I am from St Augustine originally. Live in East Texas now and love it there. I'm away from the homestead for a few weeks but will doing some work on getting a little copper stain out when I get home and will probably be looking for some recommendations from you guys. I hope we have a few copper ionization experienced users around. If not, I'll soon become pretty knowledgeable about it and keeping the water balanced so the copper doesn't drop out of solution like it did on me last year leading to my current copper stain.
    15.5 k gallon. IG. plaster. Pool/spa pump: Jandy Zodiac FloPro FHPM 2.0-2 (0.25 and 2.0 HP 2-speed). Water feature pump: Jandy Zodiac Stealth Pro Series, SHPF 3.0 (3.0 HP). Filter: 250 SF cartridge. Surface area 290 SF. Jandy AquaPure SWG and PureLink. Aqualink controls. Jandy Legacy Pool and Spa Heater by Zodiac 400,000 BTU - natural gas. Heliocol solar panels. Built 3/2013.

10. Back To Top    #10

We were all waiting for this post. Sorry it had to happen to you but in almost every instance of mineral system use there's the inevitable metal staining. Around here we don't advocate the use of such systems and if you'll take time to read pool school and search for ionization systems you can find plenty of reading material. Here's one Ionization topic you can read to get you started.

We're here to help, but in all honesty, you won't get much help in maintaining your ion system but you'll get lots of help maintaining your pool wonderfully.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

That's fine, Bama. I wasn't to educated in the water balancing and had the copper drop out of solution. I'm going to work on it really hard this season along with getting the stain out. I'll also be taking my water in for testing to see if we have any critters swimming around that the copper isn't taking care of and adding what ever sanitation I need including swapping the system out if need be with a SWG system.

12. Back To Top    #12

It appears you have the right attitude. There are a lot of us in the "been there, done that, own the shirt" category. Leaning toward a SWCG is a idea. Lots of people here have and love them. We have several SWG experts around here and they're glad to help with any questions you have.

Your best first move is to get your own test kit. Either the TF-100 linked to in my signature or the Taylor K-2006 is what you need. Don't be fooled by the K-2005 that most Leslies stock. That way you're not relying on someone else to do your testing and you can test whenever you like.

You should begin reading Pool School as well. It'll give you much needed info in maintaining your pool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Thanks, Bama. Will do.