My DIY pool build

jasonlmarsh,

Here are two pictures whit the surface moving and still, there is no slippery to walk on.

spillmar,

The tile was on paper, not mesh, after 30, 40 minutes from install it, you wet the paper with a sponge several times in 5 minutes to soften the glue then clear the paper.

Thank you all for your words.

Gumaro

Attachments

• Alberca 2.JPG
    Alberca 2.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Alberca 1.JPG
    Alberca 1.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 116
Some results so far:

I lost 1/2" daily in an ambient temperature up to 100° C, water is at 86° C.
I´ve used 7 pucks (3 left to reach 40 ppm CYA) and 3 galons of 6% bleach in 16 days.
Working on lowering TA from 200 (not hurry) to add borates.
Filter working at 7 Lb/In2. 2.5 hr/day.
Whit the TFTestkit and the pool calculator, is awesome how easy can you control the pool. :party:

Thanks troublefreepool.com :goodjob: :goodjob:

gumarogarc said:
jasonlmarsh,
Here are two pictures whit the surface moving and still, there is no slippery to walk on.
Gumaro
That looks great! :goodjob: Maybe I'm just old school, but I like the tile look better than plaster/pebble/quartz, etc...

Was there anything special you had to do (to make it water tight). Seal the concrete? Special thinset mix? Special grout? Do you even have to grout those? sorry for all the questions :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I added sikalite to the concrete when we poured the bottom and walls.
Then applied 4 layers of morter whit sika 1 according to its instructions.
Finally the tile was installed with an adhesive from kolorines made to be permanent submerged, this same adhesive was used for the grout.
Here is a link to the tile and adhesive I used:
http://m-v-m.mx/kolorines/

I instaled the caribbean blend.
If you see the site in English the adhesive shown is a Mapei, if you see it in Spanish they show a Laticrete, I used the second one. Just for reference, the cost of this adhesive was 4 times the cost of a standard tile adhesive, even months after its use, it seems to be kind of soft and flexible, you can mark it with the nail.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.