Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CLarifiers/Sequestering Agents

1. Back To Top    #1

CLarifiers/Sequestering Agents

My water looks crystal clear; however, I have read on the Pebble Tec website that they recommend Jack's Magic Purple Stuff. Is this necessary? What are the pros/cons of adding this stuff? Just curious....
    Approx 18,000 gallons, Jandy CL 580 Cartridge, Gunite, 2 1/2 hp 2 speed Jandy, Aquapure 1400, Polaris 280 w/booster, LXi Jandy Heater, Jandy PDA 6, PebbleTec: Tahoe Blue, Depth: 3 1/2' to 6', Perimeter: Approximately 95', Spa: 10' x 7'

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CLarifiers/Sequestering Agents

Clarifiers and flocculants are not normally needed if you maintain an appropriate Free Chlorine (FC) level relative to Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level. Sequestering agents are not normally needed unless you have metal ions in your pool water. Generally speaking, you don't want to add unnecessary chemicals to your pool unless you really need them for a specific purpose.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"