deck jet issues with new pool

Dec 8, 2018
thomasville
I would greatly appreciate some advice. On day 1 when the pool builder went over the pool with us, the deck jets do not spray equally. We have 4 deck jets. 2 spray the the same and the other 2 are off by 2 feet at least.. highly visible.

The pool contractor doesn't know what to say or do. This pool contractor has made numerous mistakes building our lagoon pool. I am asking of there is a plumbing issue that would cause this.

Any advice would be great.

Thank you!

Hi there Alexsviper, welcome to TFP :handwave:

Are the four deck jets all on one line together? Perhaps the first two in line get the bulk of the pressure and the others...don't?

Or are they two on each side of the pool? Is one side stronger than another?

I recall someone having this problem with a line of jets and the solution was that they all needed individual valves on their inlets to balance the water, so that the one on the end isn't shortchanged.

Does that make sense to you? I'll try to find the thread discussing this....

Maddie :flower:

Welcome to TFP. Sorry your problems brought you here.

Please Read This BEFORE You Post and put details of your pool in your signature. Having details like what pumps you have and is it variable speed can help us understand your situation.

If you have a VS pump, does the jet output balance change if you change the pump speed?

Pics of your pool equipment and valves can help us understand your situation. Also pics of the jets in operation.

Do you have any valves on the equipment pad or in a box in the pool deck to adjust the flow to each jet individually to balance it?