Pool plumbing help

Lanceinga

Bronze Supporter
Nov 3, 2017
GA
In the middle of our pool construction. Just shot concrete on Thursday. I am trying to figure out the plumbing functionality at our equipment pad.

We have 4 returns, 1 skimmer, 2 drains and two bubblers.

PlumbingAtEquipmentpad.jpg

Can someone take a shot and tell me what is what and the functionality of the valves?
Thank you!

Lance,

About the only thing I can tell you for sure, is that the valve in front of your pump selects between your Skimmer and your Main drain.. You have two drain covers, but they tie together into one pipe going back to the pump.

The valves after the IC40 SWCG control the water going back to your (4) Returns and your (2) Bubblers.

There is no way for us to tell which valve or pipe goes where... I'm sure your pool builder will tell you what is what, but even if he does not, once you get the pool up and running, it will be pretty simple to play with the valves and see what each of them do.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Agree the valves in front of pump are 1 for skimmer 1 for drains. Going out of filter u have 3 lines. My guess is bubbles have their own lines and returns are on 3rs line. Easy to find out once running just don't shut off the in or out line completely when checking

I thought that was R2D2 in the background.

They way your plumbing is set up in that picture, all paths into and out of the equipment pad are off. Which is typical until they turn things on. I suspect that first return manages the bubbles and the 2nd the returns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.